1. Dominican History, the United States in the Caribbean, and the Origins of the Good Neighbor Policy
2. The Dominican Revolution of 1930 and the Policy of Nonintervention
3. The Bankrupt Neighbor Policy: Depression Diplomacy and the Foreign Bondholders Protective Council
4. What Will the Neighbors Think? Dictatorship and Diplomacy in the Public Eye
5. Genocide Next Door: The Haitian Massacre of 1937 and the Sosua Jewish Refugee Settlement
6. Gold Braid and Striped Pants: The Culture of Foreign Relations in the Dominican Republic
7. Fortress America, Fortaleza Trujillo: The Hull-Trujillo Treaty and the Second World War
8. The Good Neighbor Policy and Dictatorship.