George de Ris was employed by J. & R. Lamb Studios. Originally established in 1857 in New York City, Lamb Studios was hired to design stained glass and church interiors by many architects including Bertram G. Goodhue Associates.
Architectural drawings, correspondence, pamphlets, photographs, and newspaper and magazine clippings pertaining to projects completed by George de Ris and Lamb Studios. Correspondents include Lee Lawrie, Hartley Burr Alexander, B.G. Goodhue Associates, George de Ris, J.D. Denney, James A. Mitchell, Karl Lamb, and Marshall Muir. Drawings represent the following projects: Nebraska State Capitol, Lincoln, Nebraska; Christ Church, Grosse Pointe Farms, Mich.; St. Peter's Church, New York, N.Y.; West End Methodist Episcopal Church, Winston-Salem, N.C.; and other unspecified projects.
George de Ris architectural drawings and papers, Dept. of Drawings & Archives, Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library, Columbia University.