Londino Stone Company records, circa 1960-2004 (bulk 1990s)
approx. 300 rolls of drawings
6 linear feet of drawings and papers : (6 archives boxes)
The Londino Stone Company was established in 1910 in the Bronx, New York. The company designs and manufatures concrete, cast-stone, wood, and metal furniture, equipment, and structures primarily for outdoor use in parks and playgrounds. They have supplied benches, chess tables, and other park and playground equipment for the City of New York since the 1950s.
This collection includes original and reprographic drawings, black and white and color photographs, and office papers relating to the designs and operations of the Londino Stone Company between circa 1960 and 2004.
This collection is available for use by appointment in the Department of Drawings & Archives, Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library, Columbia University. For further information and to make an appointment, please call (212) 854-4110 or email email@example.com.
Columbia University is providing access to the materials in the Library's collections solely for noncommercial educational and research purposes. The unauthorized use, including, but not limited to, publication of the materials without the prior written permission of Columbia University is strictly prohibited. All inquiries regarding permission to publish should be submitted in writing to the Director, Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library, Columbia University. In addition to permission from Columbia University, permission of the copyright owner (if not Columbia University) and/or any holder of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) may also be required for reproduction, publication, distributions, and other uses. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of any item and securing any necessary permissions rests with the persons desiring to publish the item. Columbia University makes no warranties as to the accuracy of the materials or their fitness for a particular purpose.