1. Garden of Despair: the Political Economy of Class, Land, and Labor, 1920-1929
2. A Bittersweet Transition: Politics and Labor in the 1920s
3. Fiestas of the Oppressed: The Social Geography and Culture of Mobilization
4. "Ese Trabajo Era Enteramente de los Naturales": Ethnic Conflict and Mestizaje in Western Salvador, 1914-1931
5. "To the Face of the Entire World": Repression and Radicalization, September 1931 - January 1932
6. Red Ribbons and Machetes: The Insurrection of January 1932
7. "They Killed the Just for the Sinners": The Counterrevolutionary Massacres
8. Memories of La Matanza: The Political and Cultural Consequences of 1932.