The architectural firm of William & Geoffrey Platt was located at 101 Park Avenue in New York, NY. The firm originally functioned under the name Charles A. Platt, WIlliam & Geoffrey until 1933. The principles, William Platt and Geoffrey Platt, were the sons of architect Charles Adams Platt. William was born on February 6, 1987 and Geoffrey was born on August 6, 1905. Both graduated from St. Mark's School in Southborough, MA, attended college at Harvard College, and went on to receive a degree in architecture from Columbia University.
This collection is arranged in 7 series: Correspondence, Drawings, Details, Specifications, Cowley, Miscellaneous, Photographs.
This collection contains primarily project records, including drawings, files, specifications, correspondence, and photographs, related to the architectural practice of William & Geoffrey Platt. Projects including commercial, institutional, and residential buildings located in Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maine, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, and France. The firm was involved in the design of many buildings and additions for institutions such as the Pierpoint Morgan Library, Princeton University, Smith College, and Deerfield Academy.
This collection is available for use by appointment in the Department of Drawings & Archives, Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library, Columbia University. For further information and to make an appointment, please call (212) 854-4110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.