The Barnard College Club of New York was formed in 1926 by Barnard alumnae to support Barnard College. It makes annual contributions to the scholarship fund for the benefit of current students. Additionally, it hold activities for the enjoyment and enrichment of Barnard's New York alumnae. Originally housed at the Barbizon Hotel, in the early 1970's it moved to the St. Anthony Club on E. 64th St.; then to the Seven Colleges Suite at the Berkshire Hotel, the Cornell Club on E. 50th St., the Women's National Republican Club, the Williams Club and the Princeton Club. From 1984 to 1999 the Barnard College Club of New York was affiliated with the Columbia College Club of New York. As of July, 2002 the club became an associate member of the Mid-Town Executive and Chemists' Club.
Certificate of incorporation; charter, membership rosters (1956,1978,1983), calendars of events, programs, clippings, press releases, meeting announcements and related correspondence.
Access to material dated 50 years or less prior to the current date is restricted.
Photocopies and other reproductions may be purchased at cost.
Barnard College Club Records, Barnard College Archives.