Scrapbook containing notices and clippings related to programs, events and social activities sponsored by the Barnard College German Kreis from 1926-1943; Also collection of notices and photographs related to the production of "Doktor Faust" performed by "Wallner's Marionettes" in Feb., 1951.
Biographical / Historical Note
The Deutscher Kreis (German Circle) was a club dedicated to the promotion of German language and culture at Barnard. It was founded in 1900 and existed until 1967 when it was absorbed by the Deutscher Verein of Columbia and Barnard.
Photocopies and other reproductions may be purchased at cost.
Deutscher Kreis Records, 1926-1951, Barnard College Archives.